Tuesday, July 10, 2012

God's Goodness

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Psalm 27:13

When's the last time you recognized that God is GOOD? 

It is amazing how an ordinary day becomes extraordinary when we open our eyes to God's goodness. 

This morning Caroline took off for preteen day camp.  That left Mary Claire and I to our own devices.  It's Tuesday, and there is nothing really earth-shattering on our agenda.  Laundry, to be honest.  But, that didn't stop us from creating and enjoying beauty.




It is the simple stuff that makes the gratitude well up in my throat--that alters my reality.  A sprig of mint from my garden, a bright red, fresh strawberry, the Scripture on my favorite mug, my baby girl's joy creating recipes from her Princess Tea Party cookbook.

We will be on to sorting and washing clothes within the hour, but I bet we can find some of God's goodness--even in the laundry room.  Searching for it will be fun.

Life can be dull, repetitious, even monotonous.  It can be rocky, stressful, and downright unbearable.  It can be predictable or eventful.  Either way, His goodness is all around you. 

Where will YOU find it?

How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.  Psalm 31:19

Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, O Lord, have helped me and comforted me.  Psalm 86:17

How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me?  Psalm 116:12






No comments: